Jan 18, 2011

A Child's Apron

My granddaughter, Shailey, is turning eight this month. Her mom is making her a cute little retro kitchen from an entertainment center. You can check it out at easy peasy pie, it's super cute!  I thought it would be fun to make her an apron. I started with a .75 cent secondhand maternity top. I thought the fabric looked kind of retro and it would also go with the colors of the new kitchen.


I cut the front away from the back, including the sleeves,
and also cut a curve on the bottom of the apron.


I used the fabric from the back to cut strips for the ties and pockets for the front. The back of the blouse had elastic gathers, so I incorporated that into the tops of the pockets.


The ties feed through a casing and go up around the neck, making them adjustable. I used part of another blouse to cut and gather strips for a ruffle around the edge of the apron.


Hopefully, Shailey will like it!


8 comments:

  1. I love the colors! And I can't wait to see that entire dress form. It looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a creative person you are. Your husband must be one very luck guy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband may be a lucky guy, but not nearly as lucky as I am! I have a wonderful husband who consistently demonstrates a high level love and patience as I work on all my projects! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your last comment about your husband. Love the apron! and love the idea of making a kitchen out of a tv center- so cool-

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh amazing i love this im bookmarking this !!!
    jess@ the balanced libra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan