Feb 15, 2017

It's tunic time...part one!

Ever since the All-Star season of Refashion Runway when we were given the challenge of tunics, I have been in love!  Tunics are comfortable, flattering, and all around fun!  My next several posts will feature tunics.  Some are refashioned from dresses, some from skirts and tops, some from sweaters and t-shirts, and some from menswear.  

The first tunic of this series is about as simple as you can get.  I found an oversized denim dress made from a very soft, and lightweight denim.




As for refashioning, it was just a matter of cutting off the length, taking in the sides a bit, and adding a new rolled hem.


I used a topstitching thread that matched the existing stitching.


The back has a nice gathered detail.


For a different look, I added my brown fur vest.


Although I don't have a picture, the tunic also looks good with a t-shirt underneath and the front left unsnapped like a jacket.  

Stay tuned for more tunics!

I like to link to these great parties!

9 comments:

  1. Love this idea... I don't have a lot of occasions to wear dresses that often anymore and should probably cut up several of them in exactly this way. Hurray for tops that cover the butt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle! Cutting off a dress is an easy way to create a tunic, especially if you don't have a need for the dresses anymore. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I started following you because you were in Beth's refashion contest - so I was really glad to see this tunic like the ones you made during the competition. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli for the compliment and for following! I love all of the creativity that the ladies bring during Refashion Runway! Stay tuned for more tunics in the near future!

      Delete
  3. I love the color and the details of this denim. Great call to turn that dress into a tunic, Susan. And how much fun is that fur vest!!!! Always look forward to your posts and seeing what you have in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! Sometimes it's nice to do a simple refashion. And, yes, the fur vest is fun...I wear it often!

      Delete
  4. I find tunics so flattering. This is totally my style, Susan. Featured today...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan