Apr 11, 2017

It's tunic time....part five!

This tunic is probably the simplest one yet in my series, and the most comfortable!






I started with a men's hooded sweatshirt.  It was lightweight and super soft.


All I did was take in the sides,


shorten the sleeves,


and remove the hood!


To remove the hood, I cut it off leaving about 1 1/2" excess around the neckline.    


I then simply folded the cut edge to the inside, leaving about 1/2" for a faux binding.  I topstitched it in place along the existing topstitching.


To finish the inside, I carefully cut away the excess binding close to the stitching line.  Since this is a knit, there is no need to worry about fraying.


This tunic is so so comfortable that I'm on the hunt for more oversized, lightweight, super soft hoodies!


I like to link to these great parties!

7 comments:

  1. So cute and looks super comfortable. This is one I need to copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I hope you find a super soft hoodie to refashion. This one is turning out to be one of my favorites to wear right now!

      Delete
  2. So cute and looks super comfortable. This is one I need to copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often get hand me down hoodies from my son. Now I know how to remove that hood. Thanks, Susan. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I hope it helps with your future refashions!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan