This is the final tunic in the series and also serves as a transitional piece into my next focus of refashioned clothing. A while back, my mom gave me a box of her (mostly) dresses that she wore in the 70's and early 80's. I have decided to try and breathe some new life into them. This skirt and blouse is the first one to be transformed. It just happened to make a nice, lightweight tunic that will be great for the summer months ahead.
I started by lining up the side seams of the top and cutting off the hem, giving it a high/low effect.
After shortening the sleeves and taking the sides in a bit, I cut a ruffle from the
bottom hem of the skirt.
I gathered the top edge of the ruffle, pinned, and stitched it to the bottom of the top.
The sleeves flared out a little more than I liked, so I stitched a small inverted pleat to
pull them in a bit.
The tunic was a pretty simple transformation, but I really like the feel and flow of the fabric. I still have a good chunk of the skirt left. It could easily become a shortened summer skirt, or maybe even a cute dress for one of my granddaughters....we'll see!
I like to link to these great parties!