Aug 19, 2015

Maxi Dress Sew Along

Beth, The Renegade Seamstress, is hosting the third season of Refashion Runway.  Its been fun seeing what each contestant creates each week.  Plus, I have the honor of being one of the guest judges this time!  I had so much fun participating last season, but have to admit its nice not having the stress of the competition.  I can sew along, though, without feeling the pressure!  This week's theme is maxi skirt or dress.  I combined a knit top with a linen jumper and had a new maxi dress in about half an hour...so simple!!


The knit top was too large, so I put it on my dress form and pinned the sides.


I stitched along the pins and trimmed away the excess.


I made a chop at the waist.


I also determined where to cut the jumper and made another chop.


I pinned the two pieces, right sides together, and stitched in place.  The top was a little bit wider than the skirt, so I just eased it in.


And that was it!  There was enough room in the dress to still slip it over my head.  I just cinched it up with a leather belt.







 I like to link to these great parties!





6 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan